Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How it looks
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
How it looks
I was going to reply to the guy trolling with P6, the truth is he isn’t wrong.

We had a very slim (if any) margin for error to try to break thru and get a team into the playoffs.

Houston’s SOS is killed already. Both our “p5” opponents have lost their openers, SMU got embarrassed as well as navy, Tulane looked decent but yet is 0-1, and ECU got beat by an FCS.

We need depth in this conference. This opening weekend was not good overall for us.

So even if UCF Memphis or UH went undefeated no doubt they wouldn’t be top 10.
09-02-2018 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: How it looks
point 1: no one cares about the bottom of your league..

kansas lost to an fcs..state needed a miracle to beat 1....

the pacc 12 won most of its ooc yesterady...but the projected top teams lost: media- pac12 in for a long year
09-02-2018 06:40 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(09-02-2018 06:37 PM)vcoog Wrote:  I was going to reply to the guy trolling with P6, the truth is he isn’t wrong.

We had a very slim (if any) margin for error to try to break thru and get a team into the playoffs.

Houston’s SOS is killed already. Both our “p5” opponents have lost their openers, SMU got embarrassed as well as navy, Tulane looked decent but yet is 0-1, and ECU got beat by an FCS.

We need depth in this conference. This opening weekend was not good overall for us.

I agree. I'm shocked at the poor performance of the lower half of the conference.

None of you fans need to take this personally. It's your coaches and players that are letting you and this conference down. About the only thing you can do as fans is blow up your ADs phone/email account.

I don't count Tulane in this list. They nearly beat an A5 team. That's good enough to not be called a drag on this conference. ECU.... dang, people. WTeff is going on on that practice field...
09-02-2018 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geosnooker2000 Offline

(09-02-2018 06:40 PM)pesik Wrote:  point 1: no one cares about the bottom of your league..

the pacc 12 won most of its ooc yesterady...but the projected top teams lost: media- pac12 in for a long year

I see Notre Dame and 2 SEC schools making it this year. THREE P5s will be left out. Will that be enough to expand?
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 06:45 PM by geosnooker2000.)
09-02-2018 06:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vcoog Offline
All American

(09-02-2018 06:40 PM)pesik Wrote:  point 1: no one cares about the bottom of your league..

We don’t have the luxury to underperform like they do.
09-02-2018 06:46 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
You knew what you were getting when you signed up to join a league with UCONN Football. That's the trade off for multiple games every year with UCONN MBB/WBB.

Deal with it.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 06:51 PM by HuskyU.)
09-02-2018 06:50 PM
Advertisement

memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(09-02-2018 06:37 PM)vcoog Wrote:  I was going to reply to the guy trolling with P6, the truth is he isn’t wrong.

If UCF couldn't get close to making the sham playoffs last year, it won't ever happen. The best any of us can hope for is to make the access bowl and win it.
09-02-2018 06:51 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(09-02-2018 06:46 PM)vcoog Wrote:  

yes we do, even more soo....look at temple, they was a an embarrassment of extremely level

- to lose to a fcs rivals who owns you in basketball..that is heart wrenching..it didnt even get a blurb anywhere in the national media (not even in the good, the bad the ugly type articles)

we suck- irrelevant..they suck- everyone is making fun of kansas..

as long as UCF/Houston/Memphis/USF..and now cincy can maintain we are fine ...

houston plays arizona on abc , usf plays gtech on abc. both next week..we win both, the national media- the aac is better than the pac 12

they only care about your top
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 06:54 PM by pesik.)
09-02-2018 06:52 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline

(09-02-2018 06:51 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  

If UCF couldn't get close to making the sham playoffs last year, it won't ever happen. The best any of us can hope for is to make the access bowl and win it.

The one caveat I would put on that is, what if they had played and beaten Georgia Tech, the game that got canceled? Might that have gotten them up into the high teens (11-12) a little earlier in the year? We of course will never know, but it leaves room for argument.
09-02-2018 06:55 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
(09-02-2018 06:50 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  You knew what you were getting when you signed up to join a league with UCONN Football. That's the trade off for multiple games every year with UCONN MBB/WBB.

Deal with it.

We were some what of threat before joining the aac...we only had had 2 straight losing seasons by that point 03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-02-2018 06:56 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
What's the big deal? We're a tweener conference in football. Not P5 but best of the rest. We can call ourselves P6 or whatever Aresco comes up with but anyone in P5 could care less. The television money answered that bell years ago. Again, there is no shame in where we're at relative to everyone else outside the cartel. Thank you very much UCF. Besides, who else do you add of value outside of Army and Air Force? Please, no more realignment scenarios.

P5

AAC

Best of the Rest
09-02-2018 06:57 PM
Advertisement

memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(09-02-2018 06:55 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

The one caveat I would put on that is, what if they had played and beaten Georgia Tech, the game that got canceled? Might that have gotten them up into the high teens (11-12) a little earlier in the year? We of course will never know, but it leaves room for argument.

It would not have made any difference whatsoever. The current system is a complete sham. No team from a non "Power 5" conference will ever come close to getting in the "playoffs."
09-02-2018 07:00 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline

(09-02-2018 07:00 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 06:55 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

It would not have made any difference whatsoever. The current system is a complete sham. No team from a non "Power 5" conference will ever come close to getting in the "playoffs."

Yeah, we get it. That's the standard line. I'm not arguing they would have. I'm just saying you can't look at THAT season and declare that to be the "if not then, then never" example.
09-02-2018 07:04 PM
vcoog Offline
All American

(09-02-2018 06:52 PM)pesik Wrote:  

yes we do, even more soo....look at temple, they was a an embarrassment of extremely level

- to lose to a fcs rivals who owns you in basketball..that is heart wrenching..it didnt even get a blurb anywhere in the national media (not even in the good, the bad the ugly type articles)

houston plays arizona on abc , usf plays gtech on abc. both next week..we win both, the national media- the aac is better than the pac 12

Maybe they do care more about the top, But As good as UCF was they sure got a lot of “ain’t played nobody “ TV time and that’s why we need the bottom to come up so that way the top teams aren’t playing a 3 win smu team or a 2 win ECU come November when the playoff talks start.

Last year one of the biggest snubs was USF with one loss outside the top 25 which took away a possible top 25 win for UCF. Gotta think if we improved our overall SOS by winning OOC these things wouldn’t happen.
09-02-2018 07:07 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Tulsa wont lose a GD game all year
09-02-2018 07:13 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
FYI, Boise is currently -33.5 vs UCONN in Week 2.

02-13-banana
09-02-2018 07:14 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(09-02-2018 07:07 PM)vcoog Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 06:52 PM)pesik Wrote:  

Maybe they do care more about the top, But As good as UCF was they sure got a lot of “ain’t played nobody “ TV time and that’s why we need the bottom to come up so that way the top teams aren’t playing a 3 win smu team or a 2 win ECU come November when the playoff talks start.

Last year one of the biggest snubs was USF with one loss outside the top 25 which took away a possible top 25 win for UCF. Gotta think if we improved our overall SOS by winning OOC these things wouldn’t happen.

the national media doesnt care about overall SOS..computers do but people stop caring about computers a long time ago....

their definition of sos is did you beat 3-4 teams we have "acknowledged" as good..the other 8-9 games we dont care about how good or bad they are...

ucf didnt have those 2 or 3 games..

it cant be one team.. if 4/5 of us knock out p5....and then maintain top 25..we'll be fine
09-02-2018 07:19 PM
KnightNasty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF

People care about the bottom of OUR league. The strength of our conference schedule looks like trash. 2 of our conference opponents that we play this year lost to FCS teams week 1 and the 3 others lost to G4’s...
09-02-2018 07:20 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(09-02-2018 07:20 PM)KnightNasty Wrote:  

People care about the bottom of OUR league. The strength of our conference schedule looks like trash. 2 of our conference opponents that we play this year lost to FCS teams week 1 and the 3 others lost to G4’s...

they dont....find any national media outlet talking about the temple game...they care about if our top can compete with thier top and if its more than 2 teams

i watched college football shows all weekend (for ed oliver hype)..no one mentioned temple once
09-02-2018 07:24 PM
KnightNasty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(09-02-2018 07:24 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 07:20 PM)KnightNasty Wrote:  

they dont....find any national media outlet talking about the temple game...they care about if our top can compete with thier top and if its more than 2 teams

i watched college football shows all weekend (for ed oliver hype)..no one mentioned temple once

No... but when looking at UCF’s or Houston’s schedule... they’re going to see teams like Temple and dismiss us based on only beating poor teams in their eyes and not being tested throughout the season...
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 07:35 PM by KnightNasty.)
09-02-2018 07:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.