Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU Marshall TV?
Bookmark and Share
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Exclamation ECU Marshall TV?
I don't see a tv partner listed on ESPN... is it on TV/streaming of some kind anywhere?
09-13-2021 04:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

RE: ECU Marshall TV?
https://herdzone.com/sports/football/schedule

CBSSN? Or is it really FacebookLive?
09-13-2021 05:03 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I’m sure tickets are still available. Drive up and I’ll buy you a beer or ten.
09-13-2021 05:06 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(09-13-2021 05:06 PM)banker Wrote:  I’m sure tickets are still available. Drive up and I’ll buy you a beer or ten.

Heh, I know they are....I was actually hoping I'd be covering the game in person but that didn't work out, which, works for me actually as I can pick up some extra hours and be home in time to watch.... but alas....

I have been up there once back in our CUSA days... kind of dug the tailgating set up and went by the plane crash memorial. Very nice fans. I kind of dug the field house at the end of the stadium with how it fit into the overall complex. I thought the seating was pretty decent, I was opposite the press box. I've been wanting to go again but it hasn't worked out as I liked the trip and the town the last time I was there.

Kind if need the extra hours for some personal matters so nothing wrong with making some extra money.
09-13-2021 05:15 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(09-13-2021 05:03 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  https://herdzone.com/sports/football/schedule

If the little 'F' is there then it's on CBSSN Facebook page. Enjoy, we sure do. So fun having it on in no bar anywhere or restaurant or most TVs where there is an aging fanbase that can't make it work. TAKE US HOME WITH YOU AFTER THE GAME!!!!
09-13-2021 05:27 PM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I’m too embarrassed to answer.
09-13-2021 05:53 PM
Advertisement

IslandHerd1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Thundering Herd
(09-13-2021 05:27 PM)MUther Wrote:  
(09-13-2021 05:03 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  https://herdzone.com/sports/football/schedule

If the little 'F' is there then it's on CBSSN Facebook page. Enjoy, we sure do. So fun having it on in no bar anywhere or restaurant or most TVs where there is an aging fanbase that can't make it work. TAKE US HOME WITH YOU AFTER THE GAME!!!!

I watch it on TV when it’s on Stadium, CBSSN, CBSFacebook, etc

It’s not that hard to download the Facebook watch app on your smart TV and click CBS and watch.
09-13-2021 05:53 PM
Johns1124 Offline
Special Teams

Facebook is really not that bad......

Here is one of the last years broadcast you can decide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0&t=25s
09-13-2021 05:54 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(09-13-2021 05:53 PM)IslandHerd1 Wrote:  
(09-13-2021 05:27 PM)MUther Wrote:  

I watch it on TV when it’s on Stadium, CBSSN, CBSFacebook, etc

It’s not that hard to download the Facebook watch app on your smart TV and click CBS and watch.
The dirtbag arena football leagues that I watch are on PlutoTV/YouTube/Facebook in front of crowds of 10s. I would pitch a hissyfit if I were a Marshall alumnus. They gobble up your Tier 1 games and you get no extra compensation for being stuck on a webportal stream.
09-13-2021 06:01 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
It’s not that hard to stream and the quality is typically good. Still.
09-13-2021 06:03 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Well, I don't have Facebook unless you can just go to page and watch, I got a laptop I can hook up to my tv.
Advertisement

freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
(09-13-2021 05:54 PM)Johns1124 Wrote:  Facebook is really not that bad......

Here is one of the last years broadcast you can decide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0&t=25s

That can't be right, where are all the emojis flying around on the screen?
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
I get why they would want to stream on Facebook but the least they could do in simulcast stream on CBSSN's website. Are they not doing that for these games already? And if not, 1. Why the hell not? and 2. WTF, lame.

That being said, it's incredibly easy to watch Facebook games on your smart TV if you do have a Facebook account. On a Firestick/Roku etc., just download the Facebook app, log into your account, search and boom.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021 06:26 PM by TTT.)
09-13-2021 06:23 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says marshal fans are upset, because it is hard to stream on dsl or dial up
09-13-2021 06:30 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
I wonder what's harder; streaming 480i on DSL in coal country or filling up a 15k person stadium in the country's 23rd largest metro?
09-13-2021 06:33 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

(09-13-2021 06:23 PM)TTT Wrote:  I get why they would want to stream on Facebook but the least they could do in simulcast stream on CBSSN's website. Are they not doing that for these games already? And if not, 1. Why the hell not? and 2. WTF, lame.

The official reason when the Facebook deal was announced...

Facebook will not disclose how much it paid for the exclusive rights to stream these games, but is “investing in the content,” according to a Facebook spokesperson. While the larger plan with the new “Watch” section is to generate revenue through video advertisements on partner videos, these college football games will not have ads

Basically, Facebook wants you to think of Facebook Watch videos instead of defaulting to YouTube for all your video searches and time killers. They took a strategy of buying (at a discount) some of the inventory from CBSSN and Stadium produced games and stream them exclusively on their site to drive people to Facebook Watch. The fact that some random teams' fans each year learn en massse there's college football on Facebook whenever their game is selected demonstrates that this particular strategy has not been very effective nationally.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021 07:07 PM by CoachMaclid.)
09-13-2021 07:04 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(09-13-2021 07:04 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  
(09-13-2021 06:23 PM)TTT Wrote:  I get why they would want to stream on Facebook but the least they could do in simulcast stream on CBSSN's website. Are they not doing that for these games already? And if not, 1. Why the hell not? and 2. WTF, lame.

The official reason when the Facebook deal was announced...

Facebook will not disclose how much it paid for the exclusive rights to stream these games, but is “investing in the content,” according to a Facebook spokesperson. While the larger plan with the new “Watch” section is to generate revenue through video advertisements on partner videos, these college football games will not have ads

Basically, Facebook wants you to think of Facebook Watch videos instead of defaulting to YouTube for all your video searches and time killers. They took a strategy of buying (at a discount) some of the inventory from CBSSN and Stadium produced games and stream them exclusively on their site to drive people to Facebook Watch. The fact that some random teams' fans each year learn en massse there's college football on Facebook whenever their game is selected demonstrates that this particular strategy has not been very effective nationally.

To an even larger point.... why the hell doesn't CBSSN stream its own content like ESPN? It seems stupid to be a sports network but use another party to stream an event for you. Not to say the whole ESPN/3/+ along with U/NEWS/2 content isn't whole quagmire itself.

I guess Facebook wants those clicks through its platform as it appears you do have to have a FB login to make it work... I bet that's how they direct target you with banner ads.
09-13-2021 07:38 PM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
My Vizio TV has a Facebook watch channel like an ESPN channel
09-13-2021 08:19 PM
forphase1 Offline
1st String

Our media deal sucks so badly....
09-13-2021 08:21 PM
Flat Tire 2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-13-2021 05:53 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  I’m too embarrassed to answer.

Just wait until you see the basketball schedule. I hope they are giving a deep discount on season tickets.
09-13-2021 08:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.