Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hate Bowl IX: UTSA @ UNT
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
I'll post this here too since this series will be moving to the American in a few years.....

It's that time of the season again. The series is tied at 4 wins each. UTSA comes in undefeated and ranked, while UNT is one win away from being bowl eligible. You'll have a hard time finding two other teams in all of college football that dislike each other more then UNT and UTSA. Will there be cheating? I'm sure of it. Will there be controversy? Most likely. Will there be scuffles? Maybe before we even kick it off. One thing is certain... One team will ruin the other team's dreams this Saturday.

On paper UTSA is clearly the favorite. But, the eight year history of this game has proven that in most seasons the records haven't meant much. The game is at UNT, but UTSA has already sold out their allotment of tickets. To have any chance, the Mean Green will have to play their best game of the season.

Get your popcorn and let the hate begin....
11-21-2021 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
Joe,

As a fellow newbie, I have no problem with you posting this here.

But as a friend and fellow fan of big-time college football in Texas, i do ask one favor.

This upcoming move to the American means a lot to all of us, especially the three of us located here in the Great State of Texas.

But I think we can all agree, newbies and old timers alike, that there is one thing that the move to the AAC will bring, which is the one thing first on the mind of anyone who thinks of this conference across the landscape of the entire sports nation.

It is core to the carefully crafted image that our helmsman Michael Aresco has worked so hard to cultivate.

This one thing is…

Love.

Now I know, we all may nudge each other now and then over the outcome of a spirited athletic matchup between our schools.

But as we enter the AAC, let us leave behind the shackles of hate, and embrace LOVE. Love your neighbor. Love your head coach. And yes. Even this:

Love those roadrunners.

And love our new together forever home, our AAC.

The Agape. Amore. Co********.

(And now, back to your regularly scheduled rivalry.)
11-21-2021 08:14 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
RE: Hate Bowl IX: UTSA @ UNT
Threads like these don't even belong here. Isn't 2023 the earliest year the move to the AAC will take place? That means we still have a whole year to go after this one is over.
11-21-2021 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(11-21-2021 08:14 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  Joe,

As a fellow newbie, I have no problem with you posting this here.

But as a friend and fellow fan of big-time college football in Texas, i do ask one favor.

This upcoming move to the American means a lot to all of us, especially the three of us located here in the Great State of Texas.

But I think we can all agree, newbies and old timers alike, that there is one thing that the move to the AAC will bring, which is the one thing first on the mind of anyone who thinks of this conference across the landscape of the entire sports nation.

It is core to the carefully crafted image that our helmsman Michael Aresco has worked so hard to cultivate.

This one thing is…

Love.

Now I know, we all may nudge each other now and then over the outcome of a spirited athletic matchup between our schools.

But as we enter the AAC, let us leave behind the shackles of hate, and embrace LOVE. Love your neighbor. Love your head coach. And yes. Even this:

Love those roadrunners.

And love our new together forever home, our AAC.

The Agape. Amore. Co********.

(And now, back to your regularly scheduled rivalry.)

I love people. And I love that UNT, Rice, & UTSA will all stay together in the American. I think UNT and Rice have played some solid entertaining games, and I respect Rice. With enough time, I think we could develop a meaningful rivalry.

UTSA is a different story. What UNT and UTSA have is complete animosity. Even our AD was caught on a mic expressing his disdain for UTSA athletics. If you ever get the chance, you should attend one of these games. While I would never wish anything bad on another person, or any of the people at UTSA, I wish their athletic programs nothing but bad results on the fields and courts.
11-21-2021 09:29 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
(11-21-2021 09:28 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  Threads like these don't even belong here. Isn't 2023 the earliest year the move to the AAC will take place? That means we still have a whole year to go after this one is over.

Joe doesn’t get attention from friends and family so he posts duplicate threads
11-21-2021 09:30 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(11-21-2021 09:28 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  Threads like these don't even belong here. Isn't 2023 the earliest year the move to the AAC will take place? That means we still have a whole year to go after this one is over.

As the only current ranked team among new and remaining AAC teams… you are destined to be the new flagship! We need you to fly that flag early and often!!
11-21-2021 10:18 PM
Advertisement

Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(11-21-2021 10:18 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  

As the only current ranked team among new and remaining AAC teams… you are destined to be the new flagship! We need you to fly that flag early and often!!

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rel44d3dph1owmg7u3...p;amp;ct=g]
11-21-2021 11:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FonzKnight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(11-21-2021 06:16 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  I'll post this here too since this series will be moving to the American in a few years.....

It's that time of the season again. The series is tied at 4 wins each. UTSA comes in undefeated and ranked, while UNT is one win away from being bowl eligible. You'll have a hard time finding two other teams in all of college football that dislike each other more then UNT and UTSA. Will there be cheating? I'm sure of it. Will there be controversy? Most likely. Will there be scuffles? Maybe before we even kick it off. One thing is certain... One team will ruin the other team's dreams this Saturday.

On paper UTSA is clearly the favorite. But, the eight year history of this game has proven that in most seasons the records haven't meant much. The game is at UNT, but UTSA has already sold out their allotment of tickets. To have any chance, the Mean Green will have to play their best game of the season.

Get your popcorn and let the hate begin....

[cap voice]

No, I don’t think I will.
11-22-2021 12:17 AM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(11-21-2021 09:30 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  

Joe doesn’t get attention from friends and family so he posts duplicate threads

Ha! An SMU fan can't handle us hating on another program. 03-lmfao

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.giphy.com%2Fmedi...amp;nofb=1]
11-23-2021 01:02 PM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
UNT looking good first half, let’s go mean green!
11-27-2021 03:51 PM
T for Temple U! Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple Football OWLS
Since the announcement of the pending movement to the AAC, North Texas hasn't lost a game.

Kinda cool.
11-27-2021 03:57 PM
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(11-27-2021 03:57 PM)T for Temple U! Wrote:  Since the announcement of the pending movement to the AAC, North Texas hasn't lost a game.

Kinda cool.

For that matter, neither has UTSA.

***something’s gotta give***

31-13 UNT up big at the half in a rainstorm
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 04:01 PM by owl at the moon.)
11-27-2021 04:00 PM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
(11-27-2021 03:57 PM)T for Temple U! Wrote:  Since the announcement of the pending movement to the AAC, North Texas hasn't lost a game.

Kinda cool.

Holy crap lol I didn’t even realize they just recently won all their games.
11-27-2021 04:01 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
i just saw the score.. yikes!!!!
11-27-2021 04:19 PM
RGVCoog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UH, Iowa
ouch!....UNT not messing around!
11-27-2021 04:23 PM
The WEST is the BEST Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Honeymoon over for UTSA. UNT laying some wood on the Road Runners!
11-27-2021 04:39 PM
Advertisement

Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
UTSA took out Harris in 2nd half. Just trying to stay healthy for next week.

UTSA came into game with 4 fumbles all season and lost 3 in the first half (2 on special teams, 1 on offense) They dont know how to play in the rain.
11-27-2021 04:40 PM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!
Don't worry UTSA. Attendance matters. 03-lmfao
11-27-2021 04:41 PM
CLTPirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
(11-27-2021 04:41 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  Don't worry UTSA. Attendance matters. 03-lmfao

Was just about to say Houston fans probably loving this after UTSA tried to troll you guys on the board
11-27-2021 05:00 PM
legacygt777 Offline
Banned

I Root For: AAC
Where did all the UTSA body builders go flexing? I thought the mean green were bad.

The future teams of the AAC look bleak...honeymoon over UTSA.

Wait till you play SMU, ECU, Tulane, and Memphis on a yearly basis. At least UTSA doesn't have to play UC, UCF, and Hou when they finally join. Btw, why is thread in the AAC forum? smh.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 05:19 PM by legacygt777.)
11-27-2021 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.