Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transfer Portal and Signing Period
Bookmark and Share
3DogNight Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty, Clemson
Transfer Portal and Signing Period
How’s your team doing in the transfer portal and how is the signing period going? As of today, I think we’ve had 15 that have hit the portal. But there has been 3 who have withdrawn from the portal and are staying at Liberty. We’ve lost 3 just to SMU. Nine of the 15 players to hit the portal were from the defense. Five of those were starters. We had a pretty good defense this year, so those loses are going to hurt.

We’ve had 8 transfer in at this point. Four of those yesterday and 2 the day before. They are S Brandon Bishop (Louisiana), OL Jordan White (West Virginia), WR Reese Smith (West Virginia), S RJ Roderick (South Carolina), WR Errol Rogers (Louisiana), and QB Trey Lowe (Southern Miss). The other 2 we picked up in December are RB James Jointer Jr (Arkansas) and RB Quinton Cooley (Wake Forest).

I’m really excited about the signing of QB Reece Mooney. He had a bunch of P5 schools recruit him. Six of them from the SEC. He also plays baseball. I heard that some of the schools that recruited him didn’t want him to play both. If that is the case, their loss, our gain. All together I think we’ve signed a dozen players.

We’ve lost some good players, but I’ m excited about those coming in. With that being said, the portal is crazy. You don’t know from one day to the next who’s coming or who’s going. There has to be a better way to do this. By the time I write and post this, who knows how many more transfers happen.
01-11-2023 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Transfer Portal and Signing Period
Charlotte crushed it in the transfer portal.

Five four stars, a ton of 3 star guys, several of which were contributors at their last stop and not just bench riders. I think we got two 1000 yard RB transfers as well as a freshman Under Armor All American at RB.

We added serious beef to both sides of the line. With 45ish new players thus far, Charlotte will basically be a completely different team next year.
01-11-2023 12:44 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
Liberty I show has had 13 players hit the portal. 7 signed with other teams. 5 of those were big losses. 3 returned to Liberty. 3 remain in the portal, but not what I would describe as huge losses.

On the other hand, Liberty has gotten 8 players in the portal, including 6 over the last 2 days.

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss
RB James Jointer - Arkansas
RB Quinton Cooley - Wake Forest
WR Reese Smith - West Virginia
WR Errol Rogers - Louisiana
OL Jordan White - West Virginia
S RJ Roderick - South Carolina
S Brandon Bishop- Louisiana
01-11-2023 04:01 PM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
WKU has done decent again in the portal. We've got several 1-AA and CC/Juco transfers but listed are just the FBS ones. More still to come I'm sure:

WR- Blue Smith (Cincinnati)
WR- Jimmy Holiday (Tennessee)
WR- Ze’Vian Capers (Auburn)
DT- Marquis Black (Nebraska)
ATH- Snook Edwards (Illinois)
K- Antonio Chadha (Rutgers)
TE- Trevor Borland (Buffalo)
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023 04:34 PM by Shadow_Son.)
01-11-2023 04:33 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I think the coach that figures out how to work those star players from the FCS that enter the portal will start winning a lot of games. On paper it looks great when a team gets 2 or 3 players that were highly rated out of HS but didn't pan out at a P5 school. A few of those worked out well at Western so I'm not down playing that.

But I think with heavy recruiting from the portal a lot of high school players that end up turning into very good football players will be going to the FCS. So there is benefits of getting kids that maybe stared on their FCS school because they have that in game experience. Western went that route for 2 starting qbs that worked out fairly well. I believe the FCS is going to a place where G5s get a lot of starting talent.

Not many G5s are going to compete with the P5s when it comes to NIL deals or the star stuck of playing in the Big 10 or SEC. The same can be said for those star players that want to move up to the FBS and the G5 can out pay most if not all fcs NIL deals. As I said a lot of high school talent is going to be passed over by FBS schools because you get college ready players from the portal. G5 coaches are starting to think that HS player is going to take a couple years to play....

most will hit the portal by then
01-11-2023 04:41 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Like last year when MT lost its best players to P5 schools including the entire offensive line and starting LB's and DBs on defense, just waiting for the shoe to drop. So far, we have lost our best WR from both a talent and statistical perspective (Jaylin Lane).

One thing I can promise you is that MT is just going to keep getting worse, because we lose all of our best players to it, and Rick Stockstill doesn't believe in putting much effort into recruiting the portal.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2023 01:13 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
01-13-2023 01:12 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

(01-11-2023 04:01 PM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  Liberty I show has had 13 players hit the portal. 7 signed with other teams. 5 of those were big losses. 3 returned to Liberty. 3 remain in the portal, but not what I would describe as huge losses.

On the other hand, Liberty has gotten 8 players in the portal, including 6 over the last 2 days.

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss

How are you guys and Charlotte both getting Trey Lowe. He must be Mormon.
01-13-2023 01:20 PM
3DogNight Online
Special Teams

(01-13-2023 01:20 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(01-11-2023 04:01 PM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  Liberty I show has had 13 players hit the portal. 7 signed with other teams. 5 of those were big losses. 3 returned to Liberty. 3 remain in the portal, but not what I would describe as huge losses.

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss

Interested where you got your information. Unless he’s transferred again today, he’s at Liberty. There’s no Trey Lowe name on Charlotte’s transfer portal list. Source please.
01-13-2023 02:58 PM
Heisman

(01-13-2023 02:58 PM)3DogNight Wrote:  

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss

Interested where you got your information. Unless he’s transferred again today, he’s at Liberty. There’s no Trey Lowe name on Charlotte’s transfer portal list. Source please.

Just me reading wrong. I saw his name twice and thought it was a Charlotte fan. My bad
01-13-2023 03:07 PM
3DogNight Online
Special Teams

(01-13-2023 03:07 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss

Just me reading wrong. I saw his name twice and thought it was a Charlotte fan. My bad
No problem. Some of these kids commit and then change their mind. It’s hard to keep up.
01-13-2023 03:31 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss

I really like Trey Lowe
01-13-2023 03:36 PM
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Coach Dimel recruits heavily from the JC ranks from Mississippi, Kansas, Texas and California mostly. It's what he learned as an assistant at Kansa State under Bill Snyder. Kansas State used to be horrible until Snyder arrived. Some of the JC players have 3 years of eligibilty left and most arrive at UTEP for the spring semester. Only 2 high schoolers in the early signing period and 15 JC guys. Dimel says that so many schools recruit the portal that a lot of good JC players are overlooked. Hopefully it pans out this coming season because this past season was a major disappointment at 5-7.
01-13-2023 03:43 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss

If Liberty is depending on Trey Lowe as qb its going to be a long year. Awful decision making and not a very good passer
01-13-2023 07:44 PM
3DogNight Online
Special Teams

(01-13-2023 07:44 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss

If Liberty is depending on Trey Lowe as qb its going to be a long year. Awful decision making and not a very good passer

I would think he was signed more for depth than anything. We lost one QB to graduation and one to the transfer portal. I would guess that it’s Salter’s job to loss. Bennett should be in the mix too. The two of them took the majority of snaps.
01-13-2023 09:58 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
(01-13-2023 07:44 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

QB Trey Lowe - So. Miss

I think he's there for competition, but I'm not sure he wins the starting job over Salter or Bennett. My guess is with how little time Chadwell had since being here, he couldn't get another QB.
01-14-2023 02:27 AM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
UAB’s starting QB goes to New Mexico
La Tech’s starting qb Lyddy transfers to UAB
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023 09:20 PM by Steel Dragon.)
01-15-2023 09:15 PM
Advertisement

SICemDAWGS! Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(01-15-2023 09:15 PM)Steel Dragon Wrote:  UAB’s starting QB goes to New Mexico
La Tech’s starting qb Lyddy transfers to UAB

Lyddy is a good kid, and wish him well, but time will tell if he can translate his game to D1. He shouldn't be candidate to start right away and will need to take his RS year and develop. That was the plan his freshman year, but after the starter and backup were knocked out he was forced into action in the last few games. He showed flashes (good and bad) before he was benched in favor of a PWO at the end of the season. Hopefully Dilfer can get the most out of him and the move works out for both LL and Tech.
01-16-2023 09:14 AM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
LA Tech just upgraded bigtime at QB.
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/16..._&ref_url=
01-18-2023 06:05 PM
3DogNight Online
Special Teams

(01-18-2023 06:05 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  LA Tech just upgraded bigtime at QB.

This should definitely have Bulldog fans pumped.
01-18-2023 06:26 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Online
Heisman

(01-18-2023 06:05 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  LA Tech just upgraded bigtime at QB.

Congrats! Sounds good.
01-18-2023 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.