Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monty Show: Washington St is concerned they won't have athletics in 5 years
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Monty Show: Washington St is concerned they won't have athletics in 5 years
Posting purely for comedic purposes as there's one particular poster here who's cited them 100+ times and raved about them as sources.

29:07 in the video:

06-24-2023 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: Monty Show: Washington St is concerned they won't have athletics in 5 years
Stupid clown still want to get noticed, but will never go away like the Pennywise that he is.
06-24-2023 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alanda Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
If the Apple deal is around $30/tm (like he heard), then the reasons he gave would not keep them from signing a deal.
06-24-2023 03:19 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
They presented it well, it was "something needs to change or I'm concerned about our Athletics in 5 years". They might have gotten that quote from Chun or one of the assistant ADs. And let's be honest, they SHOULD BE concerned about the trajectory of their Athletics Department. If they drop to the MWC sometime between now and 2030, they're in real trouble.
06-24-2023 03:35 PM
darkdragon99 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: geography
If I'm Washington State then yeah I'd rather drop athletics than join the Mountain West Conference. If the Pac 12 falls apart then there's no reason for you to continue and go on.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2023 03:54 PM by darkdragon99.)
06-24-2023 03:53 PM
UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
Between the 6+6 playoff format and the basketball AQs, no matter how bad the deal is and how many current PAC-12 teams leave, no conference is going to voluntarily disband. In a worse case scenario WSU and OSU will grab SDSU and SMU and four to six more teams and keep going.
06-24-2023 04:11 PM
Advertisement

Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
(06-24-2023 03:19 PM)Alanda Wrote:  If the Apple deal is around $30/tm (like he heard), then the reasons he gave would not keep them from signing a deal.

But importantly CU, UA, UO, UW and ASU won't sign, and I suspect Utah, Stanford and Cal would not have issue with that. Or as some have stated there is no way the 4C or UW and Oregon will sign anything that doesn't have a reasonable out for them; in short a very weak GOR.

I personally do not think Apple will bid against themselves. They will bid a premium over a linear package (say $90M from ESPN for a couple games, maybe $50M from some NBC/USA to fill the ND slot when they are not hosting or a Friday Amazon package for a game, and $50-60M from a combo of ION regional channels for the rest plus some basketball package), but likely 25% range, not 50% overpay. And a deal will have tiers based on subscriptions, and all production costs will be thrown on the Pac-12 Network, which will definitely chip a couple $million at least off each schools' bottom line, likely more if they want decent production quality and equipment upgrades. All this never mind the visibility issue.

But at this point, everyone has said what they are going to say, it all comes down to what Kliavkoff actually presents the Presidents sometime in the next 15-20 days. I cannot imagine he can stall beyond that. They can't go into the July 21st Kickoff without something agreed on.
06-24-2023 04:41 PM
Alanda Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(06-24-2023 04:41 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  
(06-24-2023 03:19 PM)Alanda Wrote:  If the Apple deal is around $30/tm (like he heard), then the reasons he gave would not keep them from signing a deal.

But importantly CU, UA, UO, UW and ASU won't sign, and I suspect Utah, Stanford and Cal would not have issue with that. Or as some have stated there is no way the 4C or UW and Oregon will sign anything that doesn't have a reasonable out for them; in short a very weak GOR.

I personally do not think Apple will bid against themselves. They will bid a premium over a linear package (say $90M from ESPN for a couple games, maybe $50M from some NBC/USA to fill the ND slot when they are not hosting or a Friday Amazon package for a game, and $50-60M from a combo of ION regional channels for the rest plus some basketball package), but likely 25% range, not 50% overpay. And a deal will have tiers based on subscriptions, and all production costs will be thrown on the Pac-12 Network, which will definitely chip a couple $million at least off each schools' bottom line, likely more if they want decent production quality and equipment upgrades. All this never mind the visibility issue.

But at this point, everyone has said what they are going to say, it all comes down to what Kliavkoff actually presents the Presidents sometime in the next 15-20 days. I cannot imagine he can stall beyond that. They can't go into the July 21st Kickoff without something agreed on.

But I'm referring to Monty talking about game production being the problem with a deal with Apple. Those production issues and costs wouldn't be the reason the PAC passes on an Apple deal. The main way a deal at that amount would have trouble being completed is because the linear components was insufficient.
06-24-2023 05:15 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(06-24-2023 04:41 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  

We've been saying that for 7 months. Kliavkoff can keep stalling indefinitely, he won't be out of time until somebody actually leaves. Is that time in 15-20 days? 6 months? I have no idea at this point.
06-24-2023 09:37 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Monty is just full of BS about anything these days. Just like a lot of people are saying that the PAC 12 and ACC would be no more in 2024.
06-24-2023 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State
(06-24-2023 03:53 PM)darkdragon99 Wrote:  If I'm Washington State then yeah I'd rather drop athletics than join the Mountain West Conference. If the Pac 12 falls apart then there's no reason for you to continue and go on.

Why?

They won’t drop athletics but they won’t be part of the P2 once the B1G and SEC finish the Pac-12 and ACC. At best they along with Oregon State can be part of “best of the rest” which is what the Big XII will be in the new power structure. At worst they’ll still be in the Pac-12 with Oregon State and a bunch of MWC schools.

It’s sad because Wazzu has punched above its weight in the Pac-8/10/12. But they won’t be lucky this time as they were in the 1950s to be associated with similar schools based on geography or past associations.
06-24-2023 10:05 PM
Advertisement

SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
(06-24-2023 03:53 PM)darkdragon99 Wrote:  If I'm Washington State then yeah I'd rather drop athletics than join the Mountain West Conference. If the Pac 12 falls apart then there's no reason for you to continue and go on.

I am concerned that the Monty Show may be dropped by the end of the year. Washington State just keeps hanging in there, going to seven straight bowl games, beating Wisconsin on the road on FOX last season, and getting the rematch with the Badgers at Pullman scheduled for the 7:30 EST hour on ABC in Week 2. Yeah, they need to drop athletics.
06-24-2023 11:51 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(06-24-2023 10:05 PM)UTEPDallas Wrote:  

Why?

They won’t drop athletics but they won’t be part of the P2 once the B1G and SEC finish the Pac-12 and ACC. At best they along with Oregon State can be part of “best of the rest” which is what the Big XII will be in the new power structure. At worst they’ll still be in the Pac-12 with Oregon State and a bunch of MWC schools.

It’s sad because Wazzu has punched above its weight in the Pac-8/10/12. But they won’t be lucky this time as they were in the 1950s to be associated with similar schools based on geography or past associations.

Would the money be there for an upgraded MWC under the PAC banner?

PAC
Central: Navy*, Rice, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa
Mountain: Air Force, Colorado St, New Mexico, UTSA, Wyoming
Pacific: Fresno St, Hawaii*, San Diego St, San Jose St, UNLV
West: Boise St, Nevada, Oregon St, Utah St, Washington St
* Football-Only
^ Non-Football: Gonzaga, Wichita St
06-25-2023 12:50 AM
TeamRamRod1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kansas
(06-24-2023 09:40 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Monty is just full of BS about anything these days. Just like a lot of people are saying that the PAC 12 and ACC would be no more in 2024.

Exactly. If they were a legitimate source then they'd google D3 colleges and claim they are all moving up to FBS.
06-25-2023 02:12 AM
Yosef181 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
Monty next week: "Oregon State thinks they will be in Mountain West by 2025."
06-25-2023 06:23 AM
PredatorUTEP Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP
06-25-2023 06:29 AM
Advertisement

Owls9878 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
(06-25-2023 06:29 AM)PredatorUTEP Wrote:  https://247sports.com/college/washington...novations.

Not good
06-25-2023 07:15 AM
jrj84105 Offline
All American

I Root For: Utes
(06-24-2023 11:51 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  

I am concerned that the Monty Show may be dropped by the end of the year.

Monty Show got dropped in 2016.

YouTubing out of your basement is not a show.
06-25-2023 07:55 AM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
(06-25-2023 07:15 AM)Owls9878 Wrote:  
(06-25-2023 06:29 AM)PredatorUTEP Wrote:  https://247sports.com/college/washington...novations.

Not good

The most alarming thing in that article is the part about "decreased enrollment." That is not good for a school that uses student fees to cover any percentage of athletic budget.
06-25-2023 12:37 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(06-24-2023 01:48 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Stupid clown still want to get noticed, but will never go away like the Pennywise that he is.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmnnnn 03-shhhh

There were layers to that diss
06-25-2023 09:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.