Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Game 5 - @Elon
Bookmark and Share
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
Football Game 5 - @Elon
Very tough game ahead. Massey has us a 1.5 point favorite and predicts 23-21 Tribe.

I believe one of the strengths of this Elon team is a very, veteran offensive line.

Just fyi, it’s Family Weekend at Elon. On their ticket sight, the ONLY tickets left to purchase are on the grassy hill behind the end zone called “Phoenix Hill”. I don’t see any options on the W&M sight to purchase tickets for this game though there must be an allotment for W&M? If so, not sure why we don’t put them on the sight.

I hope we can get a good following down there to support the Tribe. Elon always plays us tough.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023 08:58 PM by Sitting bull.)
09-24-2023 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
RE: Football Game 5 - @Elon
(09-24-2023 08:51 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  Very tough game ahead. Massey has us a 1.5 point favorite and predicts 23-21 Tribe.

I believe one of the strengths of this Elon team is a very, veteran offensive line.

Just fyi, it’s Family Weekend at Elon. On their ticket sight, the ONLY tickets left to purchase are on the grassy hill behind the end zone called “Phoenix Hill”. I don’t see any options on the W&M sight to purchase tickets for this game though there must be an allotment for W&M? If so, not sure why we don’t put them on the sight.

I hope we can get a good following down there to support the Tribe. Elon always plays us tough.

I checked their site last week and only about half the seats on the visitors side were sold, not they show as non available and the grassy hill doesn't show as an option.

I would have bought a ticket last week, but was waiting to hear from my wife whether she wanted to come or not. She is in now, but can't find tickets. We might have to drive up and buy tickets at the game.

I have now seen the Tribe win the last 5 games that I have attended, and these have all been on the road. Not sure that I have ever had this type of streak before, since my Tribe road games used to be at JMU, UVA, Richmond and VMI. The Tribe has been pretty successful in the Carolinas the last 4 years.
09-25-2023 07:31 AM
3xTribe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(09-25-2023 07:31 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  
(09-24-2023 08:51 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  Very tough game ahead. Massey has us a 1.5 point favorite and predicts 23-21 Tribe.

I checked their site last week and only about half the seats on the visitors side were sold, not they show as non available and the grassy hill doesn't show as an option.

I would have bought a ticket last week, but was waiting to hear from my wife whether she wanted to come or not. She is in now, but can't find tickets. We might have to drive up and buy tickets at the game.

I have now seen the Tribe win the last 5 games that I have attended, and these have all been on the road. Not sure that I have ever had this type of streak before, since my Tribe road games used to be at JMU, UVA, Richmond and VMI. The Tribe has been pretty successful in the Carolinas the last 4 years.

I just bought the only two actual seats (not the hill) available on StubHub for essentially face value. We'll be surrounded, but we'll get by.
09-25-2023 07:55 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

Shouldn’t we have a visitors allotment of tickets though? I’m just wondering why they don’t put them on the Tribe ticket site to sell?
09-25-2023 08:50 AM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

If anyone winds up with two tickets that they can't use, let me know.

Thanks
09-25-2023 08:54 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

(09-25-2023 08:54 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  If anyone winds up with two tickets that they can't use, let me know.

Thanks

Did you try calling our ticket office?
09-25-2023 08:57 AM
Advertisement

Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
You may want to call the Tribe ticket office also. They certainly will know what's going on at Elon.
09-25-2023 10:00 AM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

Tribe ticket office doesn't have tickets.

I called Elon, they have turned all reserved seats over to the administration for "Family Weekend" activities.

My guess is that tickets will become available later.

I may just have to drive to the game and buy them on the "street."

I never buy Panthers tickets ahead of time.
09-25-2023 10:25 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

(09-25-2023 10:25 AM)NC Tribe Wrote:  Tribe ticket office doesn't have tickets.

I called Elon, they have turned all reserved seats over to the administration for "Family Weekend" activities.

My guess is that tickets will become available later.

I may just have to drive to the game and buy them on the "street."

I never buy Panthers tickets ahead of time.

That’s strange. I thought the CAA had a policy that visitors were allotted minimum 500 tickets for every conference game. Maybe the visiting school needs to officially request them which if the case, we apparently didn’t think to do that.
09-25-2023 10:36 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
Sounds like Elon is being super fucky with the tickets. What a bush league institution.
09-25-2023 11:08 AM
wml33t Offline
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
Let me start by saying I don't know what happened here.

But I think with those ticket policies at some point before the game (a week, 2 weeks, whatever) any unsold tickets by the visiting team have to be returned to the home team. That could be what's happening here?
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023 01:34 PM by wml33t.)
09-25-2023 01:12 PM
Advertisement

WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

(09-25-2023 01:12 PM)wml33t Wrote:  Let me start by saying I don't know what happened here.

But I think with those ticket policies at some point before the game (a week, 2 weeks, whatever) any unsold tickets by the visiting team have to be returned to the visiting team. That could be what's happening here?

I'm glad I refreshed before posting the same thing. Usually we get our allotment well ahead of time and if the demand is low we return them to the home team. Other teams do the same for us. For Family or Homecoming weekends I would expect that the host team appreciates that they can sell those ticket as soon as possible.
09-25-2023 01:23 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

(09-25-2023 01:23 PM)WMInTheBurg Wrote:  
(09-25-2023 01:12 PM)wml33t Wrote:  Let me start by saying I don't know what happened here.

But I think with those ticket policies at some point before the game (a week, 2 weeks, whatever) any unsold tickets by the visiting team have to be returned to the visiting team. That could be what's happening here?

I'm glad I refreshed before posting the same thing. Usually we get our allotment well ahead of time and if the demand is low we return them to the home team. Other teams do the same for us. For Family or Homecoming weekends I would expect that the host team appreciates that they can sell those ticket as soon as possible.

That makes sense. What does not is why we don’t offer them for sale on the Tribe ticket sight if we have an allotment. The only road game listed to buy tickets is UVA.

I don’t think we will have the same issue with UAlbany or Hampton - but a shame if there are Tribe fans that may have wanted to take this road trip but now cannot based on tickets.
09-25-2023 02:06 PM
TribeinVB Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: William & Mary and ODU
(09-25-2023 02:06 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  

That makes sense. What does not is why we don’t offer them for sale on the Tribe ticket sight if we have an allotment. The only road game listed to buy tickets is UVA.

I don’t think we will have the same issue with UAlbany or Hampton - but a shame if there are Tribe fans that may have wanted to take this road trip but now cannot based on tickets.

It's a 14K seat stadium. I'd be shocked if you won't be able to just walk up and get a ticket.
09-25-2023 02:59 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

(09-25-2023 02:59 PM)TribeinVB Wrote:  

It's a 14K seat stadium. I'd be shocked if you won't be able to just walk up and get a ticket.

They had 11,500 for their opener against NC A&T and this is Family Weekend there. Im not surprised this one is capacity.
09-25-2023 04:38 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

1. Capacity/overflow crowd.

2. A good running game with a back (Hampton) who looks really good.

3. Their pass defense might not be so good...but then again, W&M's pass offense doesn't scare anybody either.

4. The last two times they beat us were big upsets. Even when they lose, the games are close (remember 6 overtimes not so long ago?).

5. Our best offensive player is out.

So, all in all, I think Elon has got to be feeling pretty good about this game.

When we win, I think it will be because of a great defensive effort; stopping their run, forcing turnovers, let's have even a defensive score.
09-25-2023 05:31 PM
Advertisement

WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

I just went to TribeAthletics and Elon, Hampton, and Albany all have links to buy tickets from the football schedule. I see what you're talking about if you go to "Buy Tickets" from the menu instead of going to the football schedule. This is another example of the administration not knowing how the whole site works. Good design would be for the "Tickets" link on the schedule to go to the "Buy Tickets" menu item. That way everyone ends up in the same place no matter how they get there. The current website has it such that a user has to find the right path to get a successful outcome.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023 07:31 PM by WMInTheBurg.)
09-25-2023 06:42 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

(09-25-2023 06:42 PM)WMInTheBurg Wrote:  

I just went to TribeAthletics and Elon, Hampton, and Albany all have links to buy tickets from the schedule. I see what you're talking about if you go to "Buy Tickets" from the menu instead of going to the football schedule. This is another example of the administration not knowing how the whole site works. Good design would be for the "Tickets" link on the schedule to go to the "Buy Tickets" menu item. That way everyone ends up in the same place no matter how they get there. The current website has it such that a user has to find the right path to get a successful outcome.

Great, thanks. That explains it.

The Elon link still just offers the grass hill behind the end zone so I guess we either sold our seat allotment or returned them back to Elon.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023 06:51 PM by Sitting bull.)
09-25-2023 06:48 PM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

FWIW, I'd recommend people send an email to someone at TribeAthletics.com if you were fighting with trying to purchase tickets. That way they know it's a problem. In my experience as a website developer, it's really easy for a site even less complicated than TribeAthletics.com to have user-driven paths the devs don't know about. Usually it's not intentionally difficult, but more the result of different people designing different parts, in this case probably someone focusing on the Ticket Office section and not realizing there were links from the Football part of the site. Who to send the email to is kind of a mystery though. I couldn't find someone who had "TribeAthletics.com website" in their title. Worst case is just send it to Brian Mann and let him redirect it where it's appropriate.
09-25-2023 07:26 PM
A Quest Called Tribe Offline
2nd String

Elon is the strongest team we have faced so far. That said, our defense has shown championship quality through the first four games and I expect them to keep us within striking distance if the offense sputters. Tribe by 3 in an ugly one.
09-26-2023 11:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.