Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realignment implication - if FSU didn't want out of the ACC before ...
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Realignment implication - if FSU didn't want out of the ACC before ...
They do now. No respect.
12-03-2023 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rube Dali Offline
1st String

I Root For: UST, BSU, Minn
RE: Realignment implication - if FSU didn't want out of the ACC before ...
Where to? The B1G or the SEC?
12-03-2023 12:49 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
That's the silver lining in this, a blow to the status quo and more fuel added to the smoldering fire in Greensboro. And for FSU escaping the ACC is far more valuable than being in the 2023 playoff or even winning the 2023 national championship. We're talking about years of who we'll be playing and where we'll be playing them vs. 2 games max and accolades for one season.

I don't see how this makes our escape any easier, but I also don't see how it can fail to add determination to our clear desire to get out. And it will take both sides of that equation to be successful and get FSU into the SEC where we belong.
12-03-2023 12:54 PM
Gemofthehills Offline
All American

I Root For: JSU
Every team selected will be in a P2 conference next year. Recruits will notice and desire to play at their level.
12-03-2023 12:57 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
They need to blame it on Phillips. He helped kill the 12 team playoff.

So even though FSU got screwed, its fitting that the ACC rather than Texas got screwed by the Saban love.
12-03-2023 01:00 PM
PlayBall! Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kansas & Big XII
How are other ACC fans feeling about this decision to leave FSU out of this year's CFP?
12-03-2023 01:13 PM
Advertisement

schmolik Online
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
I wouldn't want to join the conference that stabbed me in the back and stole my spot.

Come join our conference!
12-03-2023 01:20 PM
PeteTheChop Offline
Here rests the ACC: 1953-2026

I Root For: C-A-N-E-S
Sorry, but the GOR is IRONCLAD
12-03-2023 01:22 PM
Comet Offline
All American

I Root For: SMU
FSU looked bad last night especially compared to Texas and Alabama. Having to use a wild cat formation to compensate for an inexperienced third string QB sucks. That’s what it was, not the conference imo.
12-03-2023 01:23 PM
PeteTheChop Offline

(12-03-2023 12:54 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  That's the silver lining in this, a blow to the status quo and more fuel added to the smoldering fire in Greensboro. And for FSU escaping the ACC is far more valuable than being in the 2023 playoff or even winning the 2023 national championship. We're talking about years of who we'll be playing and where we'll be playing them vs. 2 games max and accolades for one season.

I don't see how this makes our escape any easier, but I also don't see how it can fail to add determination to our clear desire to get out. And it will take both sides of that equation to be successful and get FSU into the SEC where we belong.

Gamenole you are way too gracious my friend.

Just remember Sankey was going on ESPN campaigning for SEC inclusion while Jim Phillips was apparently holed up in his hotel room in Charlotte.

What are the odds this would've happened with an SEC athletic director as chair of the committee?

Would their have been a different approach by Jim Phillips or Boo Corrigan if the school "on the bubble" wasn't openly scheming to leave the ACC?
12-03-2023 01:28 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-03-2023 01:20 PM)schmolik Wrote:  I wouldn't want to join the conference that stabbed me in the back and stole my spot.

Come join our conference!

The SEC didn't stab them in the back, the CFP committee did. The Alliance did as well, first by truly stabbing the PAC 12, and then by not committing to the promised scheduling agreement.

Now to Gamenole and Quo, yes this will add impetus and an excuse, not just for FSU to make a move, but perhaps the entire Magnificent 7. This so called snub, chaired by an N.C. State man, puts this all in motion.
12-03-2023 01:41 PM
Advertisement

johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(12-03-2023 12:47 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  They do now. No respect.

I don't really don't think this will have any impact, at all.

FSU was already as motivated as they could be to get out.

This can't happen again, the 4 team playoff is over. If the ACC and the Alliance hadn't blocked the playoff, FSU would be hosting a playoff game this year. And going forward, there aren't going to be 5 P5 champs fighting for 4 spots. 99% of the time the ACC champ is hosting a quarterfinal.

The Grant of Rights either holds up in court, or it doesn't.
Do you think the judge is going to be impressed by the fact that FSU got screwed out of a playoff spot? "Well, Little Richard and hundreds of musicisans just had to kick rocks when they got screwed on GOR contracts, but the Seminoles missed a CFP, that changes everything!"
12-03-2023 01:42 PM
johnbragg Offline

(12-03-2023 12:54 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  That's the silver lining in this, a blow to the status quo and more fuel added to the smoldering fire in Greensboro. And for FSU escaping the ACC is far more valuable than being in the 2023 playoff or even winning the 2023 national championship. We're talking about years of who we'll be playing and where we'll be playing them vs. 2 games max and accolades for one season.

That's my point.
12-03-2023 01:43 PM
johnbragg Offline

(12-03-2023 01:22 PM)PeteTheChop Wrote:  Sorry, but the GOR is IRONCLAD

Do you think it got less ironclad a couple of hours ago?
12-03-2023 01:44 PM
Thewavefan Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
But why? Next year it’s 12 teams. Seems kinda odd to leave a league with just Clemson standing in your way to go to the SEC with about 6-8 teams that could destroy you every year. I don’t think they go anywhere.
12-03-2023 01:54 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-03-2023 01:44 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  

The nature of the relationship of player to school, and school to conference, and conference to the NCAA have all changed. And since the impetus for that change happened to be 2 court rulings recently, and the third in 1983 which pertained to media rights, then finding leniency from the courts for enacting and acting upon their rulings, is not unlikely. In fact in the entertainment industry enacted law that impinges the profits of one of the parties, or both, have been given the command to void existing contracts and enact new ones. We'll see.
12-03-2023 01:56 PM
Advertisement

PeteTheChop Offline

(12-03-2023 01:41 PM)JRsec Wrote:  The SEC didn't stab them in the back, the CFP committee did. The Alliance did as well, first by truly stabbing the PAC 12, and then by not committing to the promised scheduling agreement.

Now to Gamenole and Quo, yes this will add impetus and an excuse, not just for FSU to make a move, but perhaps the entire Magnificent 7. This so called snub, chaired by an N.C. State man, puts this all in motion.

Greg Sankey went to bat for his schools, just like he will when FSU and Clemson come aboard within the next few years.

Jim Phillips wasn't interested in using his clout — however minimal it might be — to help a school with one foot out the ACC's door
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023 01:58 PM by PeteTheChop.)
12-03-2023 01:57 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
FSU will go down in history as the only P5 conference champion to not make the playoffs.
12-03-2023 02:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnbragg Offline

(12-03-2023 01:56 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-03-2023 01:44 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  

The nature of the relationship of player to school, and school to conference, and conference to the NCAA have all changed. And since the impetus for that change happened to be 2 court rulings recently, and the third in 1983 which pertained to media rights, then finding leniency from the courts for enacting and acting upon their rulings, is not unlikely. In fact in the entertainment industry enacted law that impinges the profits of one of the parties, or both, have been given the command to void existing contracts and enact new ones. We'll see.

Source, citation, example of that ever happening though?

And you can't be serious citing the 1983 NCAA vs Oklahoma decision as a factor in an attempt to void contracts written in 2013 and 2017.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023 02:08 PM by johnbragg.)
12-03-2023 02:06 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-03-2023 01:57 PM)PeteTheChop Wrote:  
(12-03-2023 01:41 PM)JRsec Wrote:  The SEC didn't stab them in the back, the CFP committee did. The Alliance did as well, first by truly stabbing the PAC 12, and then by not committing to the promised scheduling agreement.

Greg Sankey went to bat for his schools, just like he will when FSU and Clemson come aboard within the next few years.

Jim Phillips wasn't interested in using his clout — however minimal it might be — to help a school with one foot out the ACC's door

I think Phillps surveyed the position the ACC was in, is treading water, and when the time comes will ingratiate himself to the Big 10 and FOX by helping a couple of targets leave the ACC for the Big 10. IMO his job is learn the culture, desires and needs of their member schools to best be able to match up destinations in this "final solution" for the P5 problem of the networks.
12-03-2023 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.