Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Colorado Supreme Court DISQUALIFIES President Trump from ballot, citing 'insurrectio
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Colorado Supreme Court DISQUALIFIES President Trump from ballot, citing 'insurrectio
Quote:Colorado's Supreme Court on Tuesday put out a ruling declaring that former President Donald Trump will not be permitted to appear on the state's ballots in the 2024 election.

An advance sheet headnote on the matter states that "President Trump is disqualified from holding the office of President under Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution," and that since "he is disqualified, it would be a wrongful act under the Election Code for the Colorado Secretary of State to list him as a candidate on the presidential primary ballot."

It goes on to note that the court will stay its ruling until Jan. 4, 2024, "subject to any further appellate proceedings."

This marks the the first time a state court has determined that Donald Trump, the leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, ought to be excluded from state ballots. The basis for this decision is a U.S. constitutional provision preventing individuals who have participated in "insurrection" from holding federal office.

In both Minnesota and Michigan, courts have dismissed comparable lawsuits contesting Trump's inclusion on the presidential ballot. Nevertheless, the matter is still undergoing legal proceedings in several other states.

The Trump team is expected to file an appeal with the Supreme Court.

Link

12-19-2023 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redbanksdog Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Colorado Supreme Court DISQUALIFIES President Trump from ballot, citing 'insurrectio
That's some BS there.
12-19-2023 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Colorado Supreme Court DISQUALIFIES President Trump from ballot, citing 'insurrectio
To anyone who thinks this stops with Trump moving forward, you’re wrong. It will be used again if this is allowed to stand. Yet another slippery slope ruling that will destroy the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-19-2023 06:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Colorado Supreme Court DISQUALIFIES President Trump from ballot, citing 'insurrectio
Simply remove colorado's EV's from the count and lets move on.
12-19-2023 06:57 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(12-19-2023 06:57 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Simply remove colorado's EV's from the count and lets move on.

Makes sense.
12-19-2023 07:00 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

[Image: GBv549aWsAAugXS?format=png&name=900x900]
12-19-2023 07:02 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(12-19-2023 06:57 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Simply remove colorado's EV's from the count and lets move on.

If their Electoral Votes are removed, then the Elected Officials who represent those votes should not be allowed to serve in the legislative branch.
12-19-2023 07:13 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
They want War.
12-19-2023 07:18 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Now THIS is what a "Threat to Democracy" looks like.
12-19-2023 07:18 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Would love to see SCOTUS issue a stay and say Trump is on the ballot for 2024 and the matter will only be settled for later elections. That'd be a hoot.
12-19-2023 07:23 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(12-19-2023 06:56 PM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  To anyone who thinks this stops with Trump moving forward, you’re wrong. It will be used again if this is allowed to stand. Yet another slippery slope ruling that will destroy the system.

Easy fix.

1. Don’t tell people to go to the Capitol and fight the counting of the electoral votes —- expect problems when they breach the voting floor and stop it.

2. Don’t tell your VP to use your votes instead of those certified by the state.

3. Don’t tell your VP when he won’t substitute the uncertified votes in place of those certified by the state to simply throw out the certified votes.
12-19-2023 07:34 PM
Advertisement

WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

(12-19-2023 07:34 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(12-19-2023 06:56 PM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  To anyone who thinks this stops with Trump moving forward, you’re wrong. It will be used again if this is allowed to stand. Yet another slippery slope ruling that will destroy the system.

Easy fix.

1. Don’t tell people to go to the Capitol and fight the counting of the electoral votes —- expect problems when they breach the voting floor and stop it.

2. Don’t tell your VP to use your votes instead of those certified by the state.

3. Don’t tell your VP when he won’t substitute the uncertified votes in place of those certified by the state to simply throw out the certified votes.

Yeah those were all incredibly stupid things to do and I agree wholeheartedly.

The result of that was the certification of the electoral college and Trump still lost.

The Founders put these checks and balances in for a reason. There was zero chance at overturning the election. It’s all made up.

12-19-2023 07:38 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Easy fix.

That's fine but he hasn't been convicted of this yet. That's what bothers me

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
12-19-2023 07:51 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Wasn’t he president at the time? How can one insurrect against himself as head of the government? Biden was neither president nor certified at that moment but presumptive based on projected voting numbers
12-19-2023 07:56 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(12-19-2023 07:51 PM)fsquid Wrote:  

Easy fix.

That's fine but he hasn't been convicted of this yet. That's what bothers me

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

If Democrats believe he's violated the law, that's all that matters.
12-19-2023 07:56 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion

Easy fix.

Those are all very good and sound reasons for an American citizen to decide for himself or herself not to vote for Donald Trump in 2024.

Those are not good reasons for a state, by judicial fiat, to exclude an non-convict from appearing on the ballot.

If you had an ounce of intellectual integrity, tanq., you’d acknowledge that. Sadly, you do not.
12-19-2023 08:23 PM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-19-2023 08:23 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

Easy fix.

Those are all very good and sound reasons for an American citizen to decide for himself or herself not to vote for Donald Trump in 2024.

Those are not good reasons for a state, by judicial fiat, to exclude an non-convict from appearing on the ballot.

If you had an ounce of intellectual integrity, tanq., you’d acknowledge that. Sadly, you do not.

Exactly. All of this is subjective, interpretational and political matters not legal or case study matters. Nor is it hurt feelings matters
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023 08:29 PM by BigTigerMike.)
12-19-2023 08:28 PM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

(12-19-2023 08:23 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

Easy fix.

This is exactly correct…

It’s very undemocratic to unilaterally disenfranchise millions of people in your state, with the purpose of doing it across the US.

12-19-2023 08:35 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

President of El Salvador weight ms in on the destruction Dems and RINOs are doing to this country

12-19-2023 08:38 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
It is horrifying what kind of people are running the country right now.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2023 09:01 PM by Bear Catlett.)
12-19-2023 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.