Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Football News Thread
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
Exclamation AAC Football News Thread
A thread for random news from your teams spring, spring game and how your teams look
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2018 03:09 PM by pesik.)
04-07-2018 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

RE: AAC Spring Football Information Thread
randm news from houston

duke catalon quit the team (Again).. he could return, he quit last year too and returned....
spring game was today, RB car and QB deriq king looked amazing

ed oliver didnt play much, but top 150 4star isaiah chambers who transferred from tcu as a freshmen, because he was home sick, dominated, he had a few sacks..and has gained a ridiculous amount of muscle since joining the team...him and ed together could be scary
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 09:14 PM by pesik.)
04-07-2018 09:10 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

random news from around the aac

-Cincy- qb hayden moore is injured but will only miss out on a few practices, surprising is Desmond Ridder is taking the 1st team reps not trail or freshmen bryant, that most uc fans would have expected before camp
here is a glimpse of him
https://twitter.com/TomGroeschen/status/...8099061760

- USF- OL Brooks Larkin Leaves Team, Calls offensive line coach Matt Mattox a liar and a coward.
https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/4/...lie-strong
Quote:“I will also say that I am extremely disappointed in the USF coaches and players. The offensive line coach [Matt Mattox] is a liar and a coward who refuses to return calls or meet with me. He also plays who he wants rather than the best player for the job. The USF community derseves better than that.”
- qb competition down to Brett Kean and Chris Oladokun

- UCF- ucf was the number 1 offense in the nation last year...players are saying that the new offense is way faster than the one they ran last year

-memphis- qbs not playing great, stll a wide open 4 man competition, feels confident in the skill position, actually hold them out in scrimmages to prevent injury
scrimmage highlights https://twitter.com/SuduUpadhyay/status/...7656693760

- ecu wr Trevon Brown dominated the spring ..soph Reid Herring, not 4star Holton or ifedi, is believed to be the man likely to win starting qb job
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 09:44 PM by pesik.)
04-07-2018 09:43 PM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Temple - Likely to go 13-0 before bowl season starts. Who cares what the experts think.
04-07-2018 10:09 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
About how many people do you expect for your teams spring game ? UCF got about 23,000 for the spring game a few years ago.

Surely, that had to be a conference record ?

Be nice to get about 15-20,000 this year.
04-07-2018 10:19 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
AAC Spring Football Information Thread
(04-07-2018 10:19 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  About how many people do you expect for your teams spring game ? UCF got about 23,000 for the spring game a few years ago.

Surely, that had to be a conference record ?

Be nice to get about 15-20,000 this year.

1,000 with nice weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-07-2018 11:19 PM
Advertisement

rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
It is forecasted to be 80 degrees and raining for the Cincinnati spring game.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2018 07:58 AM by rosewater.)
04-08-2018 07:57 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(04-07-2018 09:43 PM)pesik Wrote:  random news from around the aac

-Cincy- qb hayden moore is injured but will only miss out on a few practices, surprising is Desmond Ridder is taking the 1st team reps not trail or freshmen bryant, that most uc fans would have expected before camp
here is a glimpse of him

- USF- OL Brooks Larkin Leaves Team, Calls offensive line coach Matt Mattox a liar and a coward.
Quote:“I will also say that I am extremely disappointed in the USF coaches and players. The offensive line coach [Matt Mattox] is a liar and a coward who refuses to return calls or meet with me. He also plays who he wants rather than the best player for the job. The USF community derseves better than that.”

- UCF- ucf was the number 1 offense in the nation last year...players are saying that the new offense is way faster than the one they ran last year

-memphis- qbs not playing great, stll a wide open 4 man competition, feels confident in the skill position, actually hold them out in scrimmages to prevent injury

- ecu wr Trevon Brown dominated the spring ..soph Reid Herring, not 4star Holton or ifedi, is believed to be the man likely to win starting qb job

The QBs are not playing great, but part of that is the defense is better. Part of it is the OL adjusting to 4 different QBs getting snaps.

Also, despite what it looks like to our new beat reporter, it is NOT a wide open 4 man race. IMO, Brady White will be the starter when the season starts, and it will be his job to lose after that.

Not saying he will be great, or even hold down the starting position long term. But he will be the starter in Game 1, barring significant injury.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2018 09:01 AM by TripleA.)
04-08-2018 09:01 AM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

Seems like all of Temple's QBs are performing well. I think it's most likely Nutile is the starter for game one.

Biggest news seems to be that true freshman WR Sean Ryan has been really awesome. We lose our top 2 WRs, so he could make a pretty deadly trio with Isaiah Wright and a healthy Ventell Bryant.
04-08-2018 11:46 AM
Newton card Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ncaa
(04-08-2018 09:01 AM)TripleA Wrote:  

here is a glimpse of him

The QBs are not playing great, but part of that is the defense is better. Part of it is the OL adjusting to 4 different QBs getting snaps.

Also, despite what it looks like to our new beat reporter, it is NOT a wide open 4 man race. IMO, Brady White will be the starter when the season starts, and it will be his job to lose after that.

Not saying he will be great, or even hold down the starting position long term. But he will be the starter in Game 1, barring significant injury.

Was at the scrimmage, Moore seems without question the starter, not sure why Norvell downplays it. Maybe just his style.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2018 02:06 PM by Newton card.)
04-08-2018 01:40 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(04-08-2018 01:40 PM)Newton card Wrote:  
(04-08-2018 09:01 AM)TripleA Wrote:  

here is a glimpse of him

Was at the scrimmage, Moore seems without question the starter, not sure why Norvell downplays it. Maybe just his style.

Everybody I talked to who was at the scrimmage said the same. But coaches see a lot more the public doesn't see.
04-08-2018 08:53 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

bill cs' aac preview starts monday

49 ECU 16-Apr
50 UConn 17-Apr
51 Tulsa 18-Apr
52 Cincinnati 19-Apr
53 Tulane 20-Apr
54 Temple 23-Apr
55 Navy 24-Apr
56 SMU 25-Apr
57 Houston 26-Apr
58 Memphis 27-Apr
59 USF 30-Apr
60 UCF 1-May
04-12-2018 07:50 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
Memphis plays tonight at 7:00. Rain moving into the area around 11:00 with gusty winds expected all day. we'll see what that does to the passing tonight
04-13-2018 06:17 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
Due to weather UC's spring practice (not even a game) will be at 7:30 tomorrow morning. This is disappointing. I can't imagine many people going.
04-13-2018 12:16 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
It's been a few weeks since our game, but here are some highlights.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2018 01:17 PM by Chappy.)
04-13-2018 01:16 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

We had over 5,000 at our spring game today. A program record.
04-14-2018 02:04 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
We had an announced crowd of about 10,000 at our spring game. Short version of a recap, from some who were there.

Our QB battle is still muddled. Between White (AZ State transfer), Moore (run first) and Davis (good passer). The OL is inconsistent, maybe due to dealing with snaps from 3 different QBs. The WRs & TEs had a down night. Our RBs are beasts.

Defense seems much improved. May be partly due to inefficiency on offense, but D is going to be significantly better than last couple of years. Secondary is bad ass. Pass rush (nonexistent last year) should be much better.
04-14-2018 03:19 PM
Newton card Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ncaa
(04-14-2018 03:19 PM)TripleA Wrote:  We had an announced crowd of about 10,000 at our spring game. Short version of a recap, from some who were there.

Our QB battle is still muddled. Between White (AZ State transfer), Moore (run first) and Davis (good passer). The OL is inconsistent, maybe due to dealing with snaps from 3 different QBs. The WRs & TEs had a down night. Our RBs are beasts.

Defense seems much improved. May be partly due to inefficiency on offense, but D is going to be significantly better than last couple of years. Secondary is bad ass. Pass rush (nonexistent last year) should be much better.

I don’t remotely get why you keep on saying Moore is run first? He is not at all. The fact he runs better, runs more ( because he can, because he’s told, because he doesn’t want sacked) for sure I get. Was 10 for 13 in spring game in probably less than a half. He is not in anyway run first. In fact he probably should run more, no pun intended.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2018 04:55 PM by Newton card.)
04-14-2018 04:20 PM
AusTxPony Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
SMU - Nice turnout Sat. on a chilly and extremely windy day, bright sun, around 5000. Can't tell much from these Spring games IMO, but offensive line looked slightly better and defensive toughness, tackling had much improvement. Both OC and DC pleased with scrimmage, no major injuries. Allowed QBs to be tackled, except for Hicks who will most likely start. Very vanilla playbook. Two interceptions, one pick six. One FG and 7 TDs. Only ran single units on O and D, no "2nd team" on either side of ball, just rotations by man. With anticipated improvement under our new system/coaches over summer and fall camp, we should be looking at 6-7 wins next year as of now. Tougher OOC with Michigan replacing ArkState this year.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2018 04:18 PM by AusTxPony.)
04-15-2018 04:15 PM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

Well, even if the spring game didn't answer any questions re: the qb situation, it did turn out to be a good recruiting weekend with two local commits, one 3* and one 4* for 2019.
04-15-2018 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.