Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
BE doesn't deserve BCS bowl game
soxfan1011 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The Big East doesn't deserve to get a BCS bowl game after this year. The conference will be far from a major conference, much like it was this year. Hopefully the NCAA will do the right thing and strip the BE of their automatic BCS bowl bid. This year was embarrassing enough.
12-02-2004 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Thanks for posting.
12-02-2004 12:37 PM
dlb1946 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Get a life

Take your issue else where
12-02-2004 12:57 PM
soxfan1011 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Isn't this a Big East forum? Truth hurts huh? lol.
12-02-2004 12:59 PM
untbowler Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

ok Einstein then which better conference will take their spot??

CUSA, MWC,WAC, MAC, or Sun Belt??
12-02-2004 01:26 PM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

Enjoy mediocrity in the ACC as you ride the coat-tails of Miami and VTech into that league.
12-02-2004 01:36 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

soxfan1011 Wrote:The Big East doesn't deserve to get a BCS bowl game after this year. The conference will be far from a major conference, much like it was this year. Hopefully the NCAA will do the right thing and strip the BE of their automatic BCS bowl bid. This year was embarrassing enough.
:snore:

wow... this is the first I've heard about this concept.... thanks for sharing!
12-02-2004 01:50 PM
soxfan1011 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

untbowler Wrote:ok Eistein then which better conference will take their spot??

CUSA, MWC,WAC, MAC, or Sun Belt??
Why does it have to go to a conference? They should have another at large bid. That way in a year like this a team like Texas wouldn't be left out. Get it Einstein?
12-02-2004 02:14 PM
soxfan1011 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Murph1 Wrote:Enjoy mediocrity in the ACC as you ride the coat-tails of Miami and VTech into that league.
What team do you think I am a fan of and what gave you that idea?
12-02-2004 02:15 PM
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville

soxfan1011 Wrote:
Murph1 Wrote:Enjoy mediocrity in the ACC as you ride the coat-tails of Miami and VTech into that league.
What team do you think I am a fan of and what gave you that idea?
I'll tell you one thing, if you keep posting crap like this, your posting day's on this forum are numbered.

Bring somthing to the table or don't come back.

I let posters have some fun, but you and your crap won't be here long if you keep this up.

BigEastbbs Mod
12-02-2004 03:02 PM
soxfan1011 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm bringing something alright. It's called reality.
12-02-2004 04:13 PM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

soxfan1011 Wrote:I'm bringing something alright. It's called reality.
It's called opinion.

And at least have the guts to say what team you normally root for.
12-02-2004 04:36 PM
soxfan1011 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm a Texas fan.
12-02-2004 04:56 PM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

Well, unfortunately The BE's BCS rep will probably be ranked about 20 this year. Its not the end of the world. We've seen worse.
12-02-2004 04:57 PM
ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

soxfan1011 Wrote:I'm a Texas fan.
Yes, Texas deserves the bid since they have refs bending over backwards to assure that they beat lowly Kansas to get in a BCS bowl game.

Quote:They should have another at large bid.

And if they did that Louisville or West Virginia would get it every other year once the New Big East is in place. What exactly makes Texas MORE DESERVING than Louisville this year? NOTHING. I guess you'll say because you are in the Mighty Big 12? Yeah, impressive conference this year. All Texas has done is beat all of the mediocre competition in the Big 12 and take it's yearly butt whooping against Oklahoma. That doesn't qualify you for a BCS bowl anymore than Louisville. So maybe YOU don't deserve the bid.
12-02-2004 05:50 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

soxfan1011 Wrote:Isn't this a Big East forum? Truth hurts huh? lol.
The Big East has their automatic bid, and will continue to keep their automatic bid. Louisville's BCS ranking will count towards the Big East next year so the Big East has a Top 10 BCS team. That gives them 3 Top 25 teams and an automatic berth in the BCS. The truth hurts huh! :laugh:
12-02-2004 06:19 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

soxfan1011 Wrote:I'm bringing something alright. It's called reality.

Opinion: "The Big East doesn't deserve BCS bowl game.

Reality: "Big East is one of 6 conferences to have an automatic BCS bid."
12-02-2004 06:20 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

soxfan1011 Wrote:Why does it have to go to a conference? They should have another at large bid. That way in a year like this a team like Texas wouldn't be left out. Get it Einstein?
If the BCS strips the Big East of their BCS bid then the non-BCS would have the majority rule. Get it Einstein?
12-02-2004 06:27 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:First, the BCS isn't an organization needing any kind of vote or "voting majority" of Div. 1A schools

-- No...but it does help greatly when non BCS schools are threatening to get the federal gov't involved and starting anti-trust lawsuites

-- I for one wish we could go back to the old system...where bowls could pick what schools they wanted and conference affliation had nothing to do with it

-- Louisville will not cound towards the BE bcs bid....but if our auto bid ever came up for review....that is something we could point to and say if they league was together this year...it would have qualified

Jackson
12-02-2004 08:14 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Duh... Why do you think a team like Texas deserve it over Louisville? I would bet on the Cardinals to kick the crap out of Texas if they played this year.

Do you realize if Colorado beats OU this Sat they are in the BCS? Is that fair? B12 blows this year but no one is talking about it.

How about B10 and Michigan? All they did is lose to medicore teams like ND and OSU. Both teams suck this year. At least two BE teams beat ND this year. How is Michigan more deserving than other teams? Didn't IOWA (one of better teams in the B10) got their left nut kicked in by ASU at home?

This is college football, anything can happen on any given Sat.

To me Texas is so overrated just like every year. Why was the last time Texas won anything? You have the ball to come over to BE board bashing on BE teams, yet your team has proved nothing. You should have lost to Kansas. BE might be down this year, but I would bet some of the top teams (WVA & PITT) might do fine against Texas.

Go crawl back to the B12 league and ask people why B12 deserves the BCS bid. Outside OU, you guys got nothing.
12-02-2004 08:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.