Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Perception of UTSA Football?
Bookmark and Share
matty1982 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTSA
Any change now that we've about finished our first season in CUSA? Any of you that have made it to a game at the Alamodome have opionions to share?
11-27-2013 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T_Won1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Perception of UTSA Football?
I thought a lot of UTSA last year. Tech was good last year and we really struggled to beat UTSA in Ruston. I think UTSA is even better this year.
11-27-2013 12:46 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
My perception is that they are way better than we are.
11-27-2013 12:47 PM
goherd17 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Way better than I thought. Good addition to the conference. Just keep the good football and attendance up. I hope to make it for Marshall game out there next year.04-cheers
11-27-2013 12:51 PM
matty1982 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-27-2013 12:51 PM)goherd17 Wrote:  Way better than I thought. Good addition to the conference. Just keep the good football and attendance up. I hope to make it for Marshall game out there next year.04-cheers

Wish we could have given y'all a better matchup this year. Maybe we can do it again in a couple of weeks? 04-cheers
11-27-2013 12:55 PM
edmund Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: East Carolina
They are a lot better than I thought honestly. It's impressive for such a young program.
11-27-2013 12:57 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I knew from last year that you'd have a good team.I was just downplaying it because I was jealous. You're much better than what was predicted. Maybe you'll take so.miss's place atop the conference. That is you, la tech, no. tx. as the new schools. Oh, we can't forget MTU either, they're doing well. We'll have a good conference despite what others say.

Congrats on a good first season we better get going or we'll be left behind by this upstarts. 03-wink
11-27-2013 01:24 PM
SApuro Offline
All American

I Root For: UTSA and USM
(11-27-2013 01:24 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  I knew from last year that you'd have a good team.I was just downplaying it because I was jealous. You're much better than what was predicted. Maybe you'll take so.miss's place atop the conference. That is you, la tech, no. tx. as the new schools. Oh, we can't forget MTU either, they're doing well. We'll have a good conference despite what others say.

Congrats on a good first season we better get going or we'll be left behind by this upstarts. 03-wink

Agree our conference is left in good hands. Lots of upside throughout. The new bowl tie ins have all G5 conferences on the same footing. CUSA have just a good a chance to succeed as MWC or AAC.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 01:44 PM by SApuro.)
11-27-2013 01:40 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
I Believe UTSA Has shock everyone, even me and I been pulling for them every game....
11-27-2013 01:51 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Needs to get even better to make up for basketball....in all seriousness, congrats on a great first season in CUSA
11-27-2013 02:05 PM
EdRooney64 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNT
Pretty good...damnit
11-27-2013 02:09 PM
Advertisement

StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Up and comer, but I do think you having success in CUSA early makes the teams around you look worse than them making you look better.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 02:17 PM by StillJonesing.)
11-27-2013 02:16 PM
warcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA, TAMU
The boys are doing great! Exceeded even my high expectations to date... we'll lose very few players next season (a handful of very key players though). It will be interesting to see if a senior HEAVY team next season can lead the West wire to wire, or if those few key departures will make a huge difference.
11-27-2013 02:17 PM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Honestly, I didn't know much about your before you joined, although I was aware of your good performance in the WAC and that you were a new team. I wasn't sure what to expect from you this year. But, you guys have been a great addition to C-USA, and have the potential to be one of the top teams year end and year out. Coker has done a great job of getting the Roadrunners off the ground, and San Antonio looks like they are going to support you well. All positive stuff, from what I see.
11-27-2013 02:18 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Very positive impression of UTSA FB. Surprised that you did this well although in one of the pre-season prediction threads I did think that UTSA and/or UNT would surprise people in the west. Then I went too far and included UTEP as a possible surprise team. Well, UTEP did surprise me with how bad they are.

If I had to pick a front "Runner" for the west title next season it would be UTSA. Lots of starters back from a good team. QB is the real question mark but I'm sure Coker has someone in line ready to go.
11-27-2013 02:29 PM
Greg H Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
Excellent add to the conference. I hope Marshall makes it to the championship game...and that UTSA has to come back to Huntington for it!
11-27-2013 02:32 PM
Advertisement

matty1982 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-27-2013 02:29 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  Very positive impression of UTSA FB. Surprised that you did this well although in one of the pre-season prediction threads I did think that UTSA and/or UNT would surprise people in the west. Then I went too far and included UTEP as a possible surprise team. Well, UTEP did surprise me with how bad they are.

If I had to pick a front "Runner" for the west title next season it would be UTSA. Lots of starters back from a good team. QB is the real question mark but I'm sure Coker has someone in line ready to go.

Lots of talent behind Soza, but will definitely be a quesiton mark until proven otherwise.
11-27-2013 02:41 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Very impressed with UTSA, and looking forward to the first game between our new programs.
11-27-2013 02:44 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
(11-27-2013 02:16 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Up and comer, but I do think you having success in CUSA early makes the teams around you look worse than them making you look better.

I think you are right and that is mainly due to people's perception of what a start up "should be" UTSA rewrote the book on how to start a program and other startups like Charlotte can follow or expand upon it
11-27-2013 02:46 PM
El Runner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UT & UTSA
(11-27-2013 02:05 PM)wh49er Wrote:  Needs to get even better to make up for basketball....in all seriousness, congrats on a great first season in CUSA

That's for sure. Our basketball is atrocious. Lost to D-II McMurry and Nichols State. IMO the AD should be evaluating the program at the end of the season and go in a different direction. We'll be lucky to win 5 games.
11-27-2013 03:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.