Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF rejects 2 for 1 series with Florida
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Florida's AD was asked today about scheduling UCF, and said he would 'welcome' a series with the Knights under a 2 for 1 format. He noted noted that the Gators have a 2 for 1 with USF coming up and so wouldn't treat UCF any different.

In response, UCF's AD said:

"I'm encouraged to hear that UF is open to the idea of playing us in football," White said in the statement, according to the Orlando Sentinel. "Since I've been here, it had been made clear to me there wasn't much hope of that. Our scheduling philosophy has been transparent since I arrived at UCF -- that we're open to a home-and-home series with any nonconference Power 6 opponent.

"Top-10 programs don't schedule two-for-one series where the balance is not in their favor. Our growing fan base and our student-athletes deserve better than that."

03-lmfao

Obviously, this pertains to those who claim that UCF shouldn't be blamed for soft schedules because big boys dodge them.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...cf-knights
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018 09:46 PM by quo vadis.)
12-07-2018 09:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
RE: UCF rejects 2 for 1 series with Florida
The optics aren’t “P6” when you schedule a 1-for-2 but schedule it. Go 3-0 against Florida and earn that much more respect.
12-07-2018 09:55 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(12-07-2018 09:55 PM)BePcr07 Wrote:  The optics aren’t “P6” when you schedule a 1-for-2 but schedule it. Go 3-0 against Florida and earn that much more respect.

Yes, back in the day, schools like Miami and FSU were nothing, but clawed their way to the top playing 0 for 1s, where FSU would visit places like Notre Dame with no return game at all.

Now we have UCF rejecting 2 for 1s, which means 3 games vs a top team, then whining nobody will play them! 01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018 09:59 PM by quo vadis.)
12-07-2018 09:59 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(12-07-2018 09:59 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-07-2018 09:55 PM)BePcr07 Wrote:  The optics aren’t “P6” when you schedule a 1-for-2 but schedule it. Go 3-0 against Florida and earn that much more respect.

Yes, back in the day, schools like Miami and FSU were nothing, but clawed their way to the top playing 0 for 1s, where FSU would visit places like Notre Dame with no return game at all.

Now we have UCF rejecting 2 for 1s, which means 3 games vs a top team, then whining nobody will play them! 01-wingedeagle

And it’s not like they’re playing at USC! It’s in their home state!
12-07-2018 10:03 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

I can hear the Florida AD speaking to his buddies at golf in our vernacular, "Well, I offered them a 2 for 1 and then their guy said something like top 10 programs didn't do that, and I said, okay." Then he turns to his buddies and laughs and says, "Piss on that. That'll satisfy the boys in Tallahassee and it's one less problem for us."
12-07-2018 10:12 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
These games are scheduled years out. People who complain about ooc strength of schedule from year to year are ridiculous.

You schedule Florida five years out and there's no guarantee they will be good the years you need them to be. It's all just a convenient argument that defenders of the good old boys club make to keep others out. Make a fair playoff and we can see who is best as the end of the season. Until then, the college playoff isn't legitimate.
12-07-2018 10:12 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

It's so much easier to tell the lie that everybody is scared to play UCF than actually go play the games.
12-07-2018 10:25 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I’d call that a cute excuse.
12-07-2018 10:28 PM
leofrog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(12-07-2018 09:44 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Florida's AD was asked today about scheduling UCF, and said he would 'welcome' a series with the Knights under a 2 for 1 format. He noted noted that the Gators have a 2 for 1 with USF coming up and so wouldn't treat UCF any different.

In response, UCF's AD said:

"I'm encouraged to hear that UF is open to the idea of playing us in football," White said in the statement, according to the Orlando Sentinel. "Since I've been here, it had been made clear to me there wasn't much hope of that. Our scheduling philosophy has been transparent since I arrived at UCF -- that we're open to a home-and-home series with any nonconference Power 6 opponent.

"Top-10 programs don't schedule two-for-one series where the balance is not in their favor. Our growing fan base and our student-athletes deserve better than that."

03-lmfao

Obviously, this pertains to those who claim that UCF shouldn't be blamed for soft schedules because big boys dodge them.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...cf-knights
I’m still laughing at the fact that the AD thinks UCF is a top 10 program. Maybe a top 10 team this year, but nowhere close to a top 10 program.
12-07-2018 10:35 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
In 2009, Cincinnati was in a BCS conference and was a "top-10 program" for a year. We still scheduled 0-for-1 series (buy games) with Tennessee, Michigan, and Ohio State since then for over $1 million apiece. We also allowed the Redskins to buy out our end of a home-and-home with Virginia Tech into a "neutral site" game in Washington DC for $4.2 million. We'll play anyone, any place (for the right price).

But that's because we didn't get a big head about it. TCU took the same approach as us, and it worked pretty well for them.
12-07-2018 10:59 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Here's why UCF should be mocked for this BS.

http://seminoles.com/a-lesson-that-never-gets-old/

Quote:Anyone. Anywhere. Anytime.

That was Bobby Bowden’s mantra when he took the Florida State job 25
years
ago.

Today, the 71-year-old coach is the king of college football. But back
then, he was just another upstart trying to take a program into the big time.

Bowden knew that meant playing the best on their terms. What he didn’t
know was how he was going to beat teams that were always broader in the shoulder and quicker on their feet.

Quote:In 1985, while Switzer was winning his third national championship,
Bowden was beginning to reap the rewards of playing the likes of Oklahoma,
Nebraska, Notre Dame and Michigan at their places and holding his own.

That year, he welcomed a pair of lightning-fast recruits – Deion
Sanders and Sammie Smith – and two seasons later, his roster was packed with kids who could flick the light switch in their dorm rooms and get under the covers before it got dark.

Florida State bolted to the top of the college game in 1987, beginning
a streak of 10-win seasons, Top 4 finishes and championships.

But that's hard these days. Much easier to turn down series, play a soft schedule and whine about how nobody wants to play you.
12-07-2018 11:06 PM
Advertisement

esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Notre Dame was the original anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Calipari did it at UMass in basketball.

Here we have UCF rejecting the opportunity to play a legit in-state power? Wow. Please, somebody tell me I'm wrong. They should be chasing any P5 game they can get!
12-07-2018 11:43 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
UCF should take the offer. Win those games or even 2 of the 3 and it would do wonders for their national perception. The best AAC schools need to be playing two P5 a year (and hopefully winning them).
12-07-2018 11:47 PM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
This is a pretty powerful propaganda counter by Florida to UCF's national championship gambit.
12-08-2018 12:14 AM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
Yeah, there are FSU’s out there...there’s also the ECU’s and Boise State’s. Story book endings, eh?
12-08-2018 05:26 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
UCF has been quite successful scheduling P5s contrary to popular opinion. They’ve had SC, Pitt, Texas, and plenty of others visit Orlando in the recent past. I believe Stanford is coming next year
12-08-2018 07:21 AM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Its clear UF wants no part of UCF. UCF hasnt scheduled 2 for 1s for years. We're not going back to that. If yoy accept a 2 for 1, you're accepting an inferior status. We only do home and home. I'd love a one time neutral site game. It was a BS offer. Glad Danny White called them out and is offering a neutral site game.

And the CFP is not acting in good faith. If we scheduled the 2 for 1, they would knock our schedule because florida wasnt elite or great that year or we didnt play enough P5 ooc games. There will always be another excuse.
12-08-2018 07:24 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(12-08-2018 05:26 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  Yeah, there are FSU’s out there...there’s also the ECU’s and Boise State’s. Story book endings, eh?

Boise State has done well, no? They’re a perennial top 25 team. Geography has always been their issue
12-08-2018 07:24 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Question for P5 fans, would you want your school to schedule a 2 for 1 with Florida? If not, why not?
12-08-2018 07:33 AM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
I actually support taking 2 for 1. There are teams in the SEC that don’t have Florida coming to thier place every other year. Just view as three year swing in a conference where the first year is at thier place.
12-08-2018 08:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.