JMU alum AG Jason Miyares writes NCAA
10-05-2023 08:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
RE: JMU alum AG Jason Miyares writes NCAA
Should’ve waited another week until we get to 6 wins. If by some chance we totally implode and go on a losing streak this request will not age well.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2023 09:30 AM by Polish Hammer.)
10-05-2023 08:39 AM
PGJMU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(10-05-2023 08:39 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  Should’ve waited another week until we get to 6 wins. If by some change we totally implode and go on a losing streak this will request will not age well.

100% agree. feel we are going too hard at this now. a few more weeks and a few more wins and we would be better positioned.

feels like this is a set up for it to blow back on us.
10-05-2023 09:20 AM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
Miyares: "What if--"
Cignetti: "Send the letter."
Miyares: "Okay but--"
Cignetti: "Send the letter."
Miyares: "But there's a chance--:
Cignetti: "Don't make me drive down there."
10-05-2023 09:20 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
i feel like it does nothing for us but nothing to hurt us.
10-05-2023 10:15 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2023 10:15 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  i feel like it does nothing for us but nothing to hurt us.

In terms of actually changing anything, I believe you're right. However, it does give us attention and publicity.
I don't believe it hurts us either, as long as there isn't anything that comes out saying JMU is the one responsible for doing this. That would be a bad look.
As long as JMU isn't taking the charge and it is coming from outside sources, then I think it's fine.
Perhaps a few more people know about us or are aware of us than they were before. That could lead to perhaps even a few new fans. Sounds good to me.
10-05-2023 10:44 AM
Advertisement

DirtyBird713 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU
I'm glad this is becoming a large media ****-storm again. The NCAA thought that they could just deny us and it would get swept under the rug and nobody would care. Love to see them taking flak for denying the appeal every time it's brought up. Also, all PR is good PR when you're a school trying to expand it's national brand recognition.
10-05-2023 10:45 AM
jmu98 Offline
All American

On a related note they were talking about Jax State going to 5-1 last night on Full Ride show in SiriusXM this morning and lamenting the stupidity that they like us can’t play in a bowl. Based on the conversation I’m not sure they even realize that we can’t play in a bowl this year too.
10-05-2023 11:09 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
I'm not sure how this hurts us. I don't think it any real distraction to the team....no more so than Cignetti discussing it in the press.

I think this is mainly a publicity stunt by a politician, but I don't mind the argument being raised again.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2023 11:16 AM by JMU2004.)
10-05-2023 11:15 AM
fishingduke12 Offline
All American

(10-05-2023 11:15 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  I'm not sure how this hurts us. I don't think it any real distraction to the team....no more so than Cignetti discussing it in the press.

I think this is mainly a publicity stunt by a politician, but I don't mind the argument being raised again.

If anything, could use it as a motivator to keep the players engaged. The more we win the more the media loves us and talks about us
10-05-2023 11:36 AM
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

For what it's worth, the NCAA just reversed their decision to make UNC WR Tez Walker ineligible. They said that UNC came forward with new information that caused them to reverse their prior decision. Mack Brown had previously put out public statements shaming the NCAA for their decision and the UNC board met to consider legal action.
10-05-2023 12:01 PM
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2023 12:01 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  For what it's worth, the NCAA just reversed their decision to make UNC WR Tez Walker ineligible. They said that UNC came forward with new information that caused them to reverse their prior decision. Mack Brown had previously put out public statements shaming the NCAA for their decision and the UNC board met to consider legal action.

You know the saying....The NCAA will now punish UNC-G for UNC's tantrum.
10-05-2023 12:11 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(10-05-2023 12:01 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  For what it's worth, the NCAA just reversed their decision to make UNC WR Tez Walker ineligible. They said that UNC came forward with new information that caused them to reverse their prior decision. Mack Brown had previously put out public statements shaming the NCAA for their decision and the UNC board met to consider legal action.
Mack Brown and UNC were pushing for the NCAA to close the loopholes, until it became a player that could help them, the same one they gave no mind to coming out of high school or before he played for 2 other college teams. The kid's story now is he wanted to play in front of his grandmother, her being in Charlotte and UNC being in the state, yet he transferred from the state to play in Ohio. And even when hitting the portal this time around playing in front of grandma meant taking recruiting visits to Rutgers and other schools much further away. The good news is he's back close to grandma and nobody took any eligibility away from him, he was just going to spend them the next year and the season after, now he get the remainder of this year and next year, so he's kind of cheated himself out of a full season. Had he been leaving UNC for a G5 school I'm sure everyone would've kept that same energy. Also, the Governor of NC that sent a letter in support, so maybe a letter from Miyares will mean something afterall.
10-05-2023 12:29 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2023 08:39 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  Should’ve waited another week until we get to 6 wins. If by some chance we totally implode and go on a losing streak this request will not age well.

The very first thought I had. Can we not actually get to a sixth win before we start crying about this for the second half of the season?
10-05-2023 12:46 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2023 08:21 AM)Dukes94 Wrote:  Didn't see this posted anywhere. Virginia’s Attorney General asks NCAA to reconsider JMU bowl eligibility
People been talking about it since yesterday:
https://csnbbs.com/thread-978477-post-19...id19189857
10-05-2023 12:52 PM
PGJMU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(10-05-2023 11:15 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  I'm not sure how this hurts us. I don't think it any real distraction to the team....no more so than Cignetti discussing it in the press.

well, we will look like idiots if we lose the next 3 in a row. STFU JMU and your no bowl game whining
10-05-2023 02:38 PM
Advertisement

bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Didn't we have a bunch of hype before GS last year....
10-05-2023 02:51 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2023 02:38 PM)PGJMU Wrote:  

well, we will look like idiots if we lose the next 3 in a row. STFU JMU and your no bowl game whining

No, we won't. JMU isn't even the one talking about it!
In terms of Cignetti, he discussed it once and certainly wasn't 'whining' about it.
It was a much bigger issue last year and yet we were far less likely to get it.
And despite all the noise and having no hope of a postseason, they still went 8-3.
The stuff that did affect the team.... injuries and lack of depth. Whining about bowl games had zero affect.
If we lose, it will have absolutely nothing to do with an alum in Richmond writing a damn letter.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2023 03:02 PM by JMad03.)
10-05-2023 02:54 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

No doubt that we'd look silly in that scenario.
10-05-2023 02:55 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2023 02:54 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  

Where has JMU directly whined about it this year? Last year... perhaps.
Cignetti and this team certainly isn't overlooking Georgia Southern.

He has been asked repeatedly about the ban by the press this year. I think the most recent comment was that he hoped common sense would persevere should JMU qualify for the Sun Belt championship.
10-05-2023 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.